Egemen Egemenoğlu participates in the arbitration procedures conducted by the rules of UNCITRAL, ICSID, ICC and AAA as an attorney regarding the international construction contracts and disputes, mergers and acquisitions and international energy disputes.
Following the completion of his law degree, he has worked in thee leading law firms of Washington, DC. He has primarily focused on large-scale commercial disputes related to pharmaceutical, energy, infrastructure and financial industries.
Egemenoğlu also represented a Turkish contractor in a dispute regarding an infrastructure renewal project in Afghanistan against US Corp of Engineers and has resolved the dispute through mediation.
Furthermore, Egemenoğlu has also lectured International Business Law at the international law institute in Washington, DC.
- Diploma, International Commercial Arbitration, Washington College of Law, American University (2013)
- L.LM., George Washington University Law School (2010)
- LL.B., Faculty of Law, Koc University (2009)
Area of Expertise:
- Investment Arbitration
- International Transactions
- International Commercial Disputes
- Third party Funding in Investment Arbitration’ in Egemenoglu Newsletter, January 2014, pg. 54.
- Overreaction Or Creation Of Awareness: Major Challenge On Decisions On Security For Costs’ for Mondaq website (http://www.mondaq.com)
Languages: Turkish, English